Mastering Business Models
An online course that will teach you how to map, design, assess, and test Business Models
- Learn the Business Model Canvas methodology, used by 5 million+ business practitioners
- Turn fluffy discussions into practical outcomes
- Create a shared language around business models and strategy
- Improve collaboration across disciplines and geographical boundaries within your organization
Here’s what you get…
- Proven methodology introduced in our global best-selling book Business Model Generation.
- Over 70 bite-sized learning pieces, across 13 lessons, on 6 crucial topics.
- Unlimited access to 50 videos and over 8 hours of learning content that doesn’t expire.
And how you’ll apply it immediately
If you’re improving an existing business or launching something new, you’re facing one big challenge. How do you build a strong, profitable business model that can compete in today’s market? Millions of people worldwide use our proven methods to do exactly that – lets see how you can too.
- What’s the business model? – Map your Model
- Most people have a hard time describing this, due to a lack of shared language. We’ll show you how to map your model using the global standard Business Model Canvas. Once complete, you’ll have a one page map of exactly how you create and capture value.
- What does the market look like? – Scan the Environment
- Every business model –including yours – gets pressure from various forces in it’s environment. We’ll help you scan your environment to identify possible threats, big opportunities, and fill in your blind-spots
- Where can you compete? – Find Unique Value
- You’ll have to chose your battles if you’re going to beat the incumbents in any space. Our tools will help uncover key opportunities to differentiate from your competition.
- How do you know if your model is any good? – Assessing Quality
- Capturing a business model can be easy, but knowing what to improve on can be hard. You’ll use seven key assessments to identify opportunities for improvement.
- How can you Improve? – Prototype
- You know where you are, and what needs to improve to succeed – how do you close the gap? Here, you’ll learn techniques to develop cheap, quick prototypes of business model ideas. Armed with these tools, you’ll be surprised at how fast you can generate options.
- What could kill your idea? – Test and Derisk
- Why do most business models fail? You’ll learn the most common failures, and how companies who used testing to avoid them. More than that, you’ll get a new mindset that will help you save time, money and avoid crippling failures. You’ll also have access to the testing library to set up your own risk reducing experiments.
Complementary to Our Book Business Model Generation, More Content Than Our in-Person Training Workshops
Whether or not you’ve read Business Model Generation, you’ll be taking your skills to the next level with this course.
Each lesson is designed to be extremely practical, visual, and concise – so you don’t have to spend weeks online learning the content.
You also don’t have to leave your office to attend the in-person workshop, because this course covers that content and more.
Real world examples of techniques you can apply tomorrow
This new online course incorporates battle tested, real-world learnings from our experience with thousands of practitioners in all types of organizations around the world.
One methodology, a wide range of practical applications
Companies use our methodologies in diverse ways with applications spanning from strategic reorientation to on-boarding new employees, and fostering innovative thinking across all levels.
Innovation units:Create new business models and value propositions to build new growth engines.
Product managers/teams: Utilize a clear, customer-oriented approach to designing new value propositions and bringing them to the market, or improving existing products.
Sales teams: Better understand the business model and how to sell their value propositions to various customer segments.
HR divisions:To enable understanding of business models among all employees and foster innovative thinking.
Corporate development: Clarify and create a shared language around a business model, for strategic reorientation, or for more effective internal corporate reorganizations.
6 key topics, 13 lessons, 50 videos and over 8 hours of learning content
Getting Started with the Business Model Canvas
3 LESSONS | 21 STEPS
Introduction to the Business Model Canvas
The 9 Building Blocks of the Business Model Canvas
Getting started with your own canvas
The Business Model in Context
2 LESSONS | 10 STEPS
Business Model and Value Proposition Canvas Fit
Business Model Environment
2 LESSONS | 11 STEPS
Blue Ocean Strategies and Doing More with Less
Differentiation and Competition
Business Model Mechanics
3 LESSONS | 12 STEPS
7 Questions to Assess Your Business Model Design
Playing with Numbers
Designing Business Models
2 LESSONS | 13 STEPS
The Business Model Design and Innovation Process
Prototyping Business Models
Validating Business Models
2 LESSONS | 11 STEPS
Why Business Models Fail and How to Avoid It
Putting it All Together